[Ravensfort] Meetings and .. stuff

Eisenhauer, Elke STDEJE14 at SHSU.EDU
Fri Jan 2 10:02:58 PST 2009

I would agree totally with what this said about we need to be in the public eye. The only problem with this is two different things. First, the LSC (student center) is rather hard to get a room for Thursday nights. Thursday is typically the night that people have all of their meetings and they do it early enough to get it over and done with and then go party. We can look into it but it might also cost something for the reservation and each room is different. Someone also mentioned in a previous message that most students who are on campus and roaming around the LSC won't typically just stick their head into a meeting already in progress. We need to take that in to consideration as well.

This is just my input. Being a recent graduate from SHSU, I thought yall might want some insight on the college student mind. I am glad to help in anyway that I can. Just let me know!

Lady Elke
________________________________
From: ravensfort-bounces at lists.ansteorra.org [ravensfort-bounces at lists.ansteorra.org] On Behalf Of mike dowdy [mdowdy999 at hotmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 01, 2009 8:45 PM
To: ravensfort
Subject: [Ravensfort] Meetings and .. stuff

just my 2 cents.. I would think if you/we want to find new folks, then we would  find a place new folks are at. Now, if was me, I would have that populace at the student center, or.. golden cor.. or.. anywhere new folks  might be found  at. To me thats a no brainer.. Now there are those will will disagree... and we can .. disagree..

my thoughts.

populace should be the calling card of who we are, put it on campus.. Populace is not really for just us, its also a .. hey who the hell are they.. lets cheak them out... we walk up in costume.. we get new folks..  matter of fact, unless its a privite practice, or a private .. say officer meeting then.. we need be right there out in the open. We have to have folks see us. If we do not get new membership then we do one of 2 things.. we self perpetuate and do not grow..  and.. then die. We must have new members.

all fighter practice (light and heavy) need to be in a place that mass traffic can see and talk to.

Demos? do we have any "ins"" with the gaming/comic book community? thats how we used to get a lot of great members  we need to get back to the on campus populace.. the ol **the walking the hall** for membership. Thre are 2 comic shops here, I am going to start talking to them.

Did  miss anything? I want new or old chiv fighters get out..

so.. we need new members.. how do we get them, we need lots and lots of fighters.. how do we get them.. and we need to be visable, creative, open, and .. most of all freindly.

If you agree ar disagree thats great.. speak up.

I want to see more fighters..  Baron Brian, thanks for all your help in that area.

Michael