[Ravensfort] Populace news

Gary Pace ridgetopfarm at me.com
Fri Feb 5 08:36:54 PST 2010

Hello everyone, last nights Populace was well attended with well over 31 people. The main news is that we voted on a name for our southern site. There was a tie so we put our heads together and came up with what combines what we all want so we decided to call it   Raven's Oaks at Timbrend Forest.
   In other news if you want to put an A&S project in Gulf War  you need to go to  Kingdom A&S on Feb. 13 and enter your piece there.
   Our coffers have money in them now as we made money at Crown and had contributions to the Quoth fund as well.
   Our student group the Raven's Guild was present and we met the new president Alex. They are wanting to do leather  working at their
next meeting so if anyone has the supplies for making pouches etc. and would like to teach, guide etc. you would be most welcome at their meetings on Wed. afternoons.
   We have set Feb. 19, 2011 for our spring event. Brian will put in for it but we need an Auotocrat as well.
   We also need an autocrat for Defender and it is not too soon to do this. This would allow us to begin getting ready in the cooler weather this spring instead of waiting till the hot months of July and August.
   Herald office apps are due by Feb. 28.
   Our Chronicler needs a deputy soon.
   Seneschal apps are due by April 31.
   Reeve apps are due by April 31 but a deputy is needed now!
   Lady Elke is our new hospitaler.
      And on a final note, I am sure you have read the letter from Lady Lorraine. She is the bravest soul I know and my hero. We had a few moments of silence thinking of her and will all keep her in our thoughts and prayers in the next coming months. Many good thoughts to Lorraine and her husband and family. They need our support now more than ever.
  YIS, G