SC - Swan!

LYN M PARKINSON allilyn at juno.com
Fri Apr 18 20:39:18 PDT 1997

> >I am looking for period recipes that would make food I could give as
> >gifts. I already have a honey-almond candy recipe and Caridoc's hais
> >recipe. I am looking for cookies, cakes, possibly breads, preferably
> >things that last a while but that's not a requirement, definitely
> >things
> >that don't require refrigeration.
> >
> >Thanks, Clarissa
> >
> Have you tried candied lemon peel?  Everyone I've given some to loves it.

Or orange peel...or grapefruit peel...or lime peel...

> It keeps a long time.

Doesn't either; people keep eating it!  ;9

>  I've got the recipe around here someplace, it you
> send me your e-mail address. The period recipe and redaction is a little
> long. Or I could give you the quick and dirty which is much shorter. :-)
>
> Julleran

May I have your recipe too when you find it?  I don't have a period
recipe for candying citrus peels.

   Alys of Foxdale          Shire of Stierbach, Kingdom of Atlantia
 mka Sallie Montuori               Chantilly, Virginia, USA
foxdale at wolfstar.com