SC - Cold Dishes

Dottie Elliott macdj at onr.com
Tue Apr 29 08:39:44 PDT 1997

> Hello All,
>
> I may be assisting with a feast in August where there will be very little to
no
> kitchen facilities.  The lady in charge of this feast was wanting some ideas
for
> cold/room temperature dishes that would be suitable for an artisan event.
>
> I'm looking around on my own, but any suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> Yers,
>
> Gunthar

Roast meats ahead of time and serve them cold with or without bread.  This is
best done with beef, but if you have refrigeration, it can be done with
chicken and pork.

Pickled vegetables.  Fresh vegetables. Fruit, cold meat pies.

Just as coolers can be used for keeping food cool, fill with hot water for 20
minutes, then drain and put hot food in it to keep the food warm.  You can
then have hot soup for lunch.

Just a few ideas that I tend to use for camping.

Derdriu
- ----
This message was sent using a demo version of BBEdit, a product of Bare Bones
Software, Inc.
http://www.tiac.net/biz/bbsw/

- --
swensel at brandegee.lm.com