SC - Platina

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Mon Jul 7 10:49:48 PDT 1997

        Does anyone know how long semolina has been in use or if there is a
period reference for it?

        Also, I was reading a few redactions and originals this past
weekend and noticed that many times when the period recipe calls for herbs
people generally use spinach.  Is there a reason?  Is it because we are a
nation of non-green eaters (hoping I'm not offending anyone here)  Is it
that spinach is milder than most greens or is more readily available .  Has
anyone tried say " A Tarte of Herbes " and not used spinach.  The book I
was using is To the King's Taste and/or To the Queen's Taste but many other
books usually have some reference to herbes.

Clare St. John