SC - Plaintive whine about sourcing....

David Salley salley at niktow.canisius.edu
Mon May 12 17:54:18 PDT 1997

Excerpts from internet.listserv.sca-cooks: 12-May-97 SC - Feast
preparation (LONG ) by Uduido at aol.com
> So the bottom line is to not rely on the "experts", test ALL recipes before
> the event and taste, taste, taste while preparing the actual feast. In this
> way your diners will almost always walk away from the table satisfied and
> happy and your feasts will always be well-attended by your adoring fans! :-)

I would also suggest that you get others to taste it.  You may not like
it (I recently reconstructed a recipe for fava bean tortelli, the
stuffing for which I thought looked and smelled truly disgusting.  My
husband, however, who hates beans, really liked it--came back for
seconds.  Had it not been for that, I would never have served the things
(which went over pretty well).

toodles, margaret