SC - vegetable side dishes-correction

Michael F. Gunter michael.gunter at tddtx.fujitsu.com
Thu Apr 16 06:52:30 PDT 1998

I don't know about the others, but Wynken de Worde's book was republished in

FURNIVAL, Frederick J. (Editor). Manners and Meals in Olden Time. The Babees
Book, The Bokes of
Nurture of Hugh Rhodes and John Russell, Wykyn de Worde's Boke of Keruynge,
The Booke of Demeanor, etc. etc.
1973. Reprint of the 1868 edition.

ie originally in 1868, and the whole book was republished in 1973.  You
might have better luck searching under this title in a decent library.  BTW
from memory its more about serving than carving, although it does include
the terminology, its rather short on techniques!

Caroline