SC - Maybe Zingers & not choc Twinkies

Brenna sunnie at exis.net
Mon Aug 10 17:27:49 PDT 1998

Nick Sasso wrote:

> While I do not remember seeing chocolate twinkies, Zingers are out
> there and similar....Charlie Brown cartoons on the wrappers.  There is
> also another thingy by another bakery whose name eludes me.  I'll go
> by a qucikie store on the way home and post my findings.
>
> niccolo difrancesco

Zingers are made by Dolly Madison; perhaps the chocolate twinkie references are
to Devil Dogs (Drakes) and/or Suzy-Q's (God only knows who makes these, maybe
Hostess) both of which are more like a chocolate sponge sandwich of fake
whipped cream...or maybe there really are chocolate twinkies.

The name Zingers, though, to me, always evokes a subplot of Stephen King's
novel "Cujo": Cujo's nominal owner is an ad exec given the unenviable  role of
spin doctor on the Red Raspberry Zingers account. RRZ's are a breakfast cereal
containing a bright red food dye that seems to have a high incidence of
allergic reactions resulting in spontaneous, violent egestion of blood-colored
goo...

And you thought Twinkies were nasty!

Adamantius
Phil & Susan Troy