SC - Test

Seton1355@aol.com Seton1355 at aol.com
Tue Feb 10 11:22:29 PST 1998

At 1:18 PM +0200 2/10/98, Jessica Tiffin wrote:

>The question is - Cariadoc's version uses 8 egg yolks to 2 T flour, where
>Pleyn Delit uses 2 egg yolks to slightly more flour than Cariadoc (I don't
>have Pleyn Delit here, I'm afraid, so can't be exact).  We used something
>closer to Pleyn Delit, which worked well as a very thick batter.  What would
>be the reason for using such a vast number of egg-yolks?  ...

>Any illuminating comments would be welcome.  Cariadoc?  Anyone?

That I did it that way many years ago and liked how it came out. I don't
think I had any special inside information, and doubt that the authors of
_Pleyn Delit_ did.

As a general rule, I think you should assume that other people's worked out
versions are based on their guess at how to interpre the original, not on
any special information. Connie Hieatt might be an exception--certainly she
knows more about medieval cooking than I do--but I wouldn't assume so.

David/Cariadoc
http://www.best.com/~ddfr/