SC - White Shield menu

kat kat at kagan.com
Wed Feb 4 13:41:59 PST 1998

The following is the (pretty much) finalized menu for my "Above/Below the Salt" feast I am planning for March.  Your comments, questions and suggestions are, as always, more than welcome.

	- kat

(Please note that there is a complete, separate vegetarian menu under the guise of "Lenten."  In certain periods in history, meat was forbidden during Lent, as was dairy.)

White Shield 1998
Feast Menu

Course the First:  A Working Day Meal

Main Menu				Lenten Menu

Wheaten Bread				Wheaten Bread
Blamanger (chicken & rice)		Rice in veg. stock
Roast Pork in Goose Sauce		A Dysshe of Lentils
Winter Vegetables			Winter Vegetables

Course the Second:  Below the Salt at a Noble Feast

Main Menu				Lenten Menu

Beer Bread				Beer Bread
Roast Beef in Garlic Pepper Sauce	Tartes for an Ember Day
Coney in Cirop OR
	Capons in Milk and Honey
Frumenty				Frumenty
Savory Toasted Cheese			Savory Toasted Cheese

A Sotelty:  courtesy of Talitha von Kopke

Course the Third:  Above the Salt

Main Menu				Lenten Menu

Fine White Bread			Fine White Bread
Sallat of Blossoms			Sallat of Blossoms
Peacock in his Feathers			Macrows
Gilded Salmon				Gilded Salmon (opt.)
Rosee
Saffron Rice				Saffron Rice
Fungys (mushrooms & leeks)		Fungys
Armoured Turnips?			Armoured Turnips?

A Sotelty:  courtesy of Galen Siobhan ni Hae