[none]

Gedney, Jeff gedje01 at mail.cai.com
Mon Jun 22 10:40:39 PDT 1998

I don't know if I am particularly thick skinned or what, but I have never had
the sort of problem described.  I have had people be critical of my work, but
I am not afraid to question their criticism, defend my work, and seek another
opinion if needed.  The important thing to remember is that no one person is
an absolute authority.   Be with your work during judging, and question the
judges about why they judged the way they did.  If you don't think they knew
what they were talking about, find a person whose judgement you trust to look
at the work and give you an opinion.  If your secure in your research and work
you did, defend it and explain your position.

The other thing to keep in mind is that no one has ever been taught how to do
judging at an A&S competition.  Maybe they should be.

Noemi