SC - Tiramisu

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sun Mar 29 22:16:34 PST 1998

<<
 Hello!  The gentleman is partially correct.  There was a glaze produced
 from radioactive materials. (I believe it was at the turn of this century,
 but don't quote me.)
 The china produced with this glaze is pale yellow with a slight greenish
 cast, & will glow in the dark. If you wish to see some, visit the glass
 museum at Corning, NY, or Wheaton Village's Museum of American Glass, at
 Millville, NJ.

 There is no need to panic.

 HTH,

 Cindy/Sincgiefu
 renfrow at skylands.net

     Well, *that's* certainly interesting! I assume that the makers had no
idea of what radioactivity was at that time, much less that it was harmful.
Wonder if the person who first stirred up this stuff set out to make a glow-
in-the-dark glaze, already knowing of this property, or if it was just an
accident............... Also wonder about the health and life spans of those
who made and used those pieces........................

        Ldy Diana