SC - s medieval food yucky?

Tamara Crehan tcrehan at mssupport.microsoft.com
Mon May 4 10:30:14 PDT 1998

Kornelis Sietsma wrote:

> On Sun, 3 May 1998 11:34:10 -0700, Anne-Marie Rousseau wrote:
>
> > maybe it was considered such a base food (like a peanut
> >butter and jelly sandwhich) that no one bothered to write it down.
>
> You know, on reading this I had a sudden flash ... I saw a person in the
> 25th century unearthing this e-mail from an old backup CD, and rushing out
> to tell his re-enactment group "I found it!  Proof that peanut butter and
> jelly is pre-21st century!"...
>
> -Korny (maybe I do need more sleep :)
> --

The truly funny thing is that a Peanut Butter & Jelly sandwich is
"documentably" period for the pre-21st century. I have in my cooking
library "The Pooh Cookbook" which includes this as a recipe. This is
a children's cookbook, the copy I have must be about 20 years old.

Euriol

- --
Cassandra Baldassano            cassie at nas.nasa.gov
Sterling Software               (650) 604-6007 or (800) 331-8737 x6007
Supporting:                     M/S 258-6
Systems Control                 NASA Ames Research Center
Database Administration         Moffett Field, CA 94305-1000