SC - Researching bread coffyns

THL Renata THLRenata at aol.com
Tue May 5 09:15:38 PDT 1998

Mike Hobbs wanted info on feasts. Here's mine.
Plan your Menu as far in advance as possible. Learn which food suppliers
(including wholesale if legal in your area) sell the items you will need at
the highest price and which at the lowest for each item. Use the highest
prices for setting your budget, then watch for sales that drop things below
the lowest price and pick up what you can that way. Now purchase remaining
items at the lowest priced vendors on your list. Be sure you have included
all non-food items such as aluminium foil in your budget. Base price for the
feast on what will break even if only 2/3rds of the people you plan on
feeding at table show up. I have never lost money on a feast when I followed
the above even when food prices flucuated wildy.
Baroness Margarite du Battenhelm who usually only lurks and lets her beloved
Bear say it all.