SC - Allergy rant

THL Renata THLRenata at aol.com
Fri May 8 09:52:05 PDT 1998

I can agree with people at feasts who let people know things.  I have no
problems when things are done on a shoestring (a week notice for a feast)
and someone lets me know of an allergy that day.  But as I assisted in
serving a feast recently someone came to me and asked for a special plate
for an entire table that people who were alcohol intolerant and we made
pears in wine sauce.  I made up a special plate for the *entire* table as
the gentlemen asked.  Then he came back a few minutes later complaining that
the people at the table who were not intolerant wanted another plate with
the pears.  This frustrated me greatly.  Why not just say "I have a couple
of people who can not have alcohol, can we make their servings separate?"
instead of insisting on feeding the entire table different and having the
rest complain.

Murkial
(rant time over)

Christi Redeker