SC - Re: Customs

Micaylah dy018 at freenet.carleton.ca
Fri Nov 20 18:30:55 PST 1998

Bear suggested...

>In 793, the Vikings partied hearty at Lindisfarne and kept on until the 11th
>Century, when their heyday petered out after the last hurrah at Clontarf in
>1014.

Consider this... (Bill Nye anyone?) <giggle>

Since I am doing a White Fian Challenge in September (recreating a complete
Viking field kitchen from oven to forged thingys to food), perhaps it might
be good idea to "try" out a few of these dishes/cooking techniques at a
previous event. Kinda like hands on research/experience before the fact. It
could be used as a further learning tool for a dismal amount of personal
knowledge about the people of the north.

Whaddia think? Anyone else?

Micaylah