SC - Milham's Platina

Gaylin Walli gwalli at infoengine.com
Tue Apr 13 13:01:21 PDT 1999

>Several have mentioned this and it makes me wonder:
>If staff don't pay, at what level does one cease to be a staff member
>and become a paying attendee volunteering for a task?
>
>In our barony, everyone pays to attend. For any event, most of the
>sponsoring canton is staff in one way or another.  Often members of
>surrounding cantons serve just as much or more than some canton
>members.  The royals who are obligated to attend don't pay, other
>royals might not.

At our Baronial events, it is customary for the Autocrat and Feastcrat to
get in without paying the event fee.  Other freebies include the Royalty
(but not their entourage, we just had a go-round about that one) and
sometimes we have winners of something that are given free events for a
year or the like.  But other staff members all pay, as do significant
others of the Feast and Autocrat.  I am the one who really instituted the
no fee for the Feastcrat, I plain refused to pay for the priveledge of
working my butt off and taking time off of my mundane Chef's job to boot.
 I have insisted on this becoming a tradition, and we have stuck to it.
Christianna
no longer a professional chef, but I did play one on TV!