SC - SC: feedback for menu, please!

LYN M PARKINSON allilyn at juno.com
Wed Apr 21 10:38:24 PDT 1999

Your Grace,

What sorts of wine vinegar have you used?  Have you ever made it with
plain white vinegar?  I've had it as a clear liquid, and think it might
be made that way by some people.  I do have some red wine vinegar in the
cabinet.  It would probably give a pinkish color, wouldn't it?  What
about cider vinegar?  That's used in the Virginian 'switchel' 17th C.
onwards, which I think must have started life somewhere as Sekainjabin.
I don't recall reading the name switchel in late period English cook
books, but it could be there.

Regards,

Allison
allilyn at juno.com, Barony Marche of the Debatable Lands, Pittsburgh, PA