SC - Chocolate..Period or not...

harriet meeker berengaria at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 18 11:58:40 PDT 1999

Maredudd wrote:
>So, correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like something akin to hot
>chocolate *would* be acceptable at a feast dated at, say, 1600. :->
>Any idea exactly *how much* like or unlike hot chocolate it would be?

I have been told that the period chocolate drink can be simulated by
getting some unsweetened baking chocolate, boilimg that in water until it's
a bit thinner than hot cocoa, add some cinnamon and dried ground jalapeno.
Then letting it chill.

Berengaria Ravencroft
Berengaria at hotmail.com
http://""www.geocities.com/athens/styx/5871"
"The brave man carves out his own fortune, and every man is the son of his
own works" -- Miguel de Cervantes