SC - rosewater, and almond jello

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Sun Jan 3 19:14:52 PST 1999

snowfire at mail.snet.net wrote, in response to A'aql Ras:

> -Poster: Jean Holtom <Snowfire at mail.snet.net>
>
> >You are very close on this one. The organs in the pluck are all closely
> >connected with a network of short large arteries and veins so when you gut the
> >animal you litarally 'pluck' these three out of the cavity in one mass. :-)
>
> What are giblets then? All of the above?

As far as I know, giblets are the heart, stomach, and liver of poultry,
i.e. domestic or game birds _and_ domestic rabbits, in which latter case
the giblets also normally include kidneys. The usual heart, liver, and
gizzard combo in the little bag inside the chicken is what machinery is
capable of removing intact, hence the determination.
Hand-slaughtered-and-butchered poultry would probably also include other
internal organs, for example possibly lungs (except in America where we
are terrified of such things), kidneys, and the more unusual but
eminently edible tongues, brains, and combs, not to mention necks,
wingtips (pinions, silly, not shoes!) and feet.

There are those who maintain rabbit uteri (or was it ovaries?) are
yummy, but the results of that polling aren't yet in from all the
outlying districts.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy