SC - I've got it!

Stapleton, Jeanne jstaplet at mail.law.du.edu
Wed Jan 20 14:00:07 PST 1999

Meliora asked:

> I am running an Illusion Feast for our Valentine's Ball in a month's
> time.  The cooks have been coming up with lots of great ideas and we are
> incorporating many documented recipes, however .....
>
> we have lots of receipes for meat and sweets but very little in the way
> of vegetable sotolties or warners.  Hence the meal feels very
> unbalanced.  The main cook for the feast is a great modern cook by
> relatively new to the SCA, and I would like some ideas to get her away
> from the raw caulflower flowerets (made into sheep) or julienned carrot
> fences.

Take a look at these files in my Florilegium:
In the FEASTS section:
ill-fd-feast-art  (10K) 12/ 8/97    A feast consisting of illusion foods.

This is a report of a feast using illusion foods. They used some vegatable
items shaped into meat type items.

In the FOOD section:
illusion-fds-msg  (79K)  8/28/98    Medieval illusion foods. Diguised food.
In here are recipes for haslets (fruits shaped and fried to look like
intestines. Apples made to look like Oak leaves and Plums. Strawberries
from marsepan. Various filled eggs.

Warners-art       (32K)  6/29/98    An article on disguised food.
                                       by Alizaunde, Demoiselle de Bregeuf.
Includes eight different warners and sotelites made from various vegetables.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net
**** See Stefan's Florilegium files at:
          http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html ****