SC - serrated knive blades

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Tue Jan 26 21:39:42 PST 1999

Adamantius commented in message about phyllo dough pastries:

> They were baked in a 375 degree F. oven, for about 15-20 minutes, or
> until brown. We served them, as I recall, with cinnamon ice cream,
> cutting each tart into four servings with a long serrated steak knife
> (one of those jobs for which a serrated knife is actually better!).

Consumer's Reports did a review of kitchen knives recently. I've been
thinking of summarizing the article for this list, as we've had several
discussions on knives previously. However, I remember only one brand
name mentioned both here and in the review and it didn't fare very well.

Anyway, one of the things they said was that after their tests they
saw very few situations where a serrated knife blade was a better choice
than a non-serrated one.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net
**** See Stefan's Florilegium files at: