SC - Chocolate

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Sun Jan 31 21:12:58 PST 1999

Ras mentioned:
>  A few years back, I did an article for our
> local newsletter which took the reader on a step by step redaction journey.
> The recipe was a chicken recipe. I don't remember exactly which one. IIRC,
> it
> was from Apicius. Anyway, the results were fun. I provided 3 possible
> redactions for this recipe: a pottage, a custard like dish and croquettes.
>
> All were tasty when tried and all followed the original exactly. This shows
> that one redaction is not necessarily more accurate than another if the
> directions available are followed exactly and certainly humbles a person
> when
> they realize that their one way may not be  the provably 'true' way.:-)

Ras, do you happen to have a copy of this article you wrote? Would you
be willing to post it here, or send it to me for use in the Florilegium?
Perhaps with any thoughts that you may have come up with since then on
this recipe? I think such an example might be quite useful for those of
us just getting into redacting our own recipes. It also might prove to
be a warning to those, even those more experienced, about letting
pre-concieved notions of modern cooking override what is in the written
recipe.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net
**** See Stefan's Florilegium files at: