SC - Filo Dough Things

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Mon Jan 25 23:19:16 PST 1999

At 7:41 PM -0500 1/25/99, Marian.Deborah.Rosenberg at washcoll.edu (Marian
Deborah Rosenber wrote:

>I'm looking for a recipe for Spanikopida *and* a recipe for various types of
>fruit fillings that would go nicely in Filo dough.

Which raises the obvious question ...  . Does anyone know of any period
recipes for Filo, or evidence it was used in period? There is a desert in
the Andalusian cookbook that comes out a little similar, but the layers are
made by flattening the dough, brushing it with butter, then rolling it up,
twisting it, and flattening it again.

David/Cariadoc
http://www.best.com/~ddfr/