SC - Middle Low German Recipe + Translation: posteydenlevere / pie liver

ana l. valdes agora at algonet.se
Fri Jul 30 03:09:01 PDT 1999

Ana asked:
> I wonder if I can find some help here with a spice named spikenard, or
> "Nard from Spayn". I tried to find some information in Stefans
> Florilegium, but I am afraid I have the wrong URL. I came only to the
> page with plain text messages, but not to the one classified in
> different topics. The url I used was this one:
> http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/cookbooks-msg.html.

That is the old site. The newest versions of the files (which includes
that one, I believe) are at the address given below. The index files
at the new site point to the files at either site as appropriate.

The files I would recommend looking in are these in the PLANTS, HERBS
AND SPICES section:
herbs-msg         (71K)  2/10/99    Herbs used in period and how they were used.
                                       Modern sources.
spices-msg       (161K)  7/ 7/99    Info. on spices, sources for spices.
  (It's sometimes difficult to decide which of these two files I should
     put a particular message into)

This one in the FOOD section might have something, but I don't think so:
herbs-cooking-msg (29K)  3/22/99    Period herbs used in cooking.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net
**** See Stefan's Florilegium files at:
         http://lg_photo.home.texas.net/florilegium/index.html ****