SC - Pigs, or whatever, for Pennsic

Mordonna22@aol.com Mordonna22 at aol.com
Sat May 8 05:57:17 PDT 1999

Stefan li Rous wrote:

> Does this mean the Cooks of Ansteorra have lost their sanity?

No, just that they've been burdened unnecessarily, when both they and
the servers have enough to worry about without needing to keep track of
how many of each sort of diner are at each table.

They do manage this quite effectively in my son's school cafeteria, but,
apart from the occasional tendency to eat with the fingers, I didn't
think the ambience was particularly medieval. (The kids that get the
school lunch stand in line for their number six scoops of glop.) Now
that I think about it, though, that glop does tend to be brown, and,
according to His Grace's criterion... ;  ) .

Seriously, though, Stefan, do cooks and servers in Ansteorra use a
system other than having to keep track of which table gets three
servings of each dish, while the others get five, except for the one
that gets fourteen, and, by the way, Mistress Stickinthemud has moved to
table eleven to schmooze with Lady Hoopdoodle, and would like her food
brought there in future courses?

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy