SC - French toast?

Anne-Marie Rousseau acrouss at gte.net
Wed Nov 17 23:23:51 PST 1999

Rose posted some useful information on the likely size of period eggs.
Thank you, Rose. And then she asked:

> Waitaminnit! You mean that the size difference isn't as, well,
> different, as the taste? So what do period eggs taste like? Do the
> chickens taste different as well?
>  Rose :)

We have discussed the likely taste differances between modern factory
raised hens and medieval free-range ones using modern free-range chickens
as the most likely to taste like period chickens. For more information
on what was said about this and about period chickens check this file
in the ANIMALS section of my Florilegium:
fowls-a-birds-msg (29K)  6/10/99    Period fowls and birds. Period Chickens.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net