SC - Surviving Medieval Cuisine

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sun Nov 28 05:08:01 PST 1999

Mary Morman wrote:

> the pudding is traditionally made after church on the first Sunday in
> Advent (this year it's November 28th, tomorrow) on "Stirring Sunday" or
> "Pudding Sunday".  In Advent the invocation to the mass changes to: "Stir
> up our hearts, O Lord!".

Hmmm. I wonder if things have changed or if I've been just completely
misinformed all my life. (Which is possible: look what they told me
about Santa Claus.) I was under the impression that Advent began with
the Feast of the Immaculate Conception, which is December 7th, and
usually not on a Sunday.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy