SC - Middle Low German Cookery book

rhiannon@madcelt.com rhiannon at madcelt.com
Sat Oct 9 20:37:47 PDT 1999

Hello,

On this subject, though contemporary, try:

Bell, R.
1985   Holy Anorexia.  Chicago:  University of Chicago Press.

Bynum, Caroline Walker
           Holy anorexia in modern Portugal.  Culture, Medicine, and Psychiatry.

Pina-Cabral, J.
1986  Sons of Adam, Daughters of Eve:  The Peasant Worldview of the Alto Minho.
London:  Oxford University Press.

Turner, Brian
1985.  The Body and Society.  Oxford:  Basil Blackwell.