SC - Carrots and Turnips-Period?

CBlackwill@aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Fri Apr 21 00:31:13 PDT 2000

In a message dated 4/20/00 7:42:56 PM Pacific Daylight Time, LrdRas at aol.com
writes:

> << PLEASE plate  or serve these separately or under the food. >>
>
>  Again, with notable exceptions this a modern innovation and, while good
>  advise for a modern cook using state of the art techniques in food
service,
>  it has little relevance on the preparation and service of most medieval
>  dishes.

In actuality, one of the main purposes of a sauce to begin with is to moisten
the food.  This is very difficult to do when the food is merely floating in a
drizzle of it.  If you are concerned about the sauce "hiding" the dish, then
simply coat it lightly.  A pretty nape' of raspberry coulis makes an
outstanding foundation for an item such as Couer la' Creme, but I'm not
absolutely sure it provides the same for, say, Coq au Vin.

Balthazar of Blackmoor
Such a strange fascination, as I wallow in waste
That such a trivial victory could put a smile on your face.
                                        - Mark Burgess