SC - Books on the shielf

Thu Apr 27 14:16:05 PDT 2000

Sounds like you've got a dynamite selection of books already!  Far more than was
even available when I started out.  I would suggest that you get rid of Fabulous
Feasts as most everything in it is definitely suspect!  But be sure to check out
the URL's that have been mentioned as well.  They contain all sorts of
information that is not available commercially at this time.

So far as equipment is concerned, yes, you're on the right track there as well.
I also recommend taking a look at some of the big discount stores as
well....Sam's, Costco, BJ's,etc.  We've acquired a lot of great stuff there.  Be
sure to check the quality of what you're purchasing, though.  Some of the
aluminum pots I've seen there tend to be very light weight, and therefore don't
last very well, not to mention being easy to burn food in.  (Boy that was a
lousy sentence!)  And, for your own personal use, buy yourself a gift every now
and then of a really fine pot or knife!  You'll find that the investment is
worth every penny!

Hope this helps!

Kiri