SC - advice needed - possibly OOP

WOLFMOMSCA@aol.com WOLFMOMSCA at aol.com
Fri Jan 7 06:42:23 PST 2000

Stefan li Rous wrote:

> Admantius asked:
> > Does anybody have the Capon In Orange Sauce After Mistress Duffeld's Way
> > (I think that's it) on disk? I know I've posted this to the cooks' list
> > at least once before, and I'm still suffering from Books In Boxes
> > Syndrome.
>
> There are several similar dishes in the chicken-msg file in the FOOD
> section of my Florilegium. One of those was in Platina. But I didn't
> see the exact recipe that you describe in there.

As I recall the Platina recipe was much simpler, in which tart orange or
lemon juice was poured over cooked chicken, in much the way we might
squeeze a hit of lemon over broiled fish. I'll see if I can find the
recipe I was talking about.

You know you're getting old in this game when "To The Queen's Taste" is
a rare antiquity among our cooks. Not that there's anything wrong with
that... ;  )

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy