SC - 90 ingredients Holloptrida translation

Sat Jun 10 05:16:34 PDT 2000

CBlackwill at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 6/9/00 6:00:47 PM Pacific Daylight Time, ddfr at best.com
> writes:
>
> > Also, am I right in assuming that you are putting it on a griddle but
> >  baking in an oven?
>
> I think, at least by looking at the recipe, that the term "bake" is a
> misnomer, and should actually be "griddle" or "grill" or some such.  Of
> course, I don't know if, in Scotland, they don't call "griddling" "baking".
> Does that make sense?  It's been a long day in the kitchen....

A common name in English-speaking countries for a stone griddle, often
used in front of a fire for scones, muffins, etc., is a bakestone or
bakston, which suggests it is not considered remarkable to bake without
an oven.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy