SC - Coffee, Tea, and OOP

Magdalena magdlena at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 4 14:22:24 PST 2000

Micaylah wrote:

> For camping events I frequently make a lemon syrup concentrate at
> home, freeze it and then just add it to my water as needed. This is a
> good alternative to those of us that can't even brush their teeth with
> mint toothpaste let alone drink somewthing made out of mint. This is
> not an allergy though, just a personal dislike.

I have been known to make up the sekanjabin syrup with spices instead of
mint (because Somebody used up the mint and didn't tell Mom) though I
understnd that doing so it is more properly called a jalab. Whatever- it
tastes good. I think I used cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, and some citrus
peel. Pretty good stuff, and _really_ good hot, especially on a cold
evening in camp. Though lemon syrup sounds good too...

'Lainie