SC - private cooks at events

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Mon Mar 6 20:26:44 PST 2000

rushmaj at basf-corp.com writes:

<< Is there anything organized for Gulf Wars regarding an SCA-Cooks
 gathering/potluck/meeting?
 I hadn't heard anything and didn't see anything on the schedule?  I thought
 it just might be nice to put names and faces together...
 Later,
 CH >>

Please don't take this as criticism for surely it is not meant to be such
but.....

Last year many folks wanted a get together at the event you mention. Many
folks posted they wanted a get together. Out of the many interested folks no
one organized it so many folks did not turn up at said gathering.

At Pennsic, there is a list of classes and other special gatherings, one of
which is the cooks gathering. There is also a person in charge of scheduling
such gatherings. Dame Alys is the person in charge at Pennsic. I would guess
that such is the same for the event you mention. Because of the large numbers
of people that attend such events and the overwhelming largesse of the
teachers throughout the SCA a schedule is necessary. To be scheduled a person
(any person, i.e., yourself) must let the A&S person know IN ADVANCE that
such a gathering is happening in order to procure an A&S tent. The only thing
stopping such an occurrence such as the cooks meeting is the lack of someone
to step forward and say> "I have scheduled the Known World Cooks Gathering at
<insert event>. Bring a dish to pass (period preferred but not necessary) and
meet the known world cooks.

Perhaps you are such a person to do this? That is really all it takes. ;-)

Ras