SC - What kind of recipes would you experiment with....

Tue May 9 13:53:00 PDT 2000

If it is the same pizza oven I have been around, then:

Envision the wood fired Pizza oven.  Now, build a larger fire and heat for a long time until it reaches a condition/temp you have learned to look for.  Now, remove the fire quickly and clean the floor of the oven.  Your are now ready for the experience of the thermal mass oven.
YOu would use the radiant heat rather than the more direct heat of the fire.  Or am I completely off on a toot?

niccolo

sca-cooks at ansteorra.org wrote:
> In a message dated 5/9/00 9:00:30 AM Pacific Daylight Time, TerryD at Health.State.OK.US writes:
So, this is a behemoth which holds its heat for quite some time?  That
changes things considerably.  If you happen to have plans for one of these ovens, I would LOVE to see them!  This sounds like something I would very much like to experiment with.  I have baked in "wood fired pizza ovens" before, and loved the challenge, but this sounds like a completely different animal.  Another toy for Balthazar to play with....
Balthazar of Blackmoor