SC - Kitchen Authorization

DeeWolff@aol.com DeeWolff at aol.com
Wed Nov 29 08:31:05 PST 2000

- ----- Original Message -----
From:  Stefan li Rous

> [what are] you supposed to *do* with them??? You can't eat them like a
candy since the
> spoon is still inside. Are you supposed to lick off the chocolate? Use it
> to stir your hot chocolate or coffee, so the chocolate melts off in the
> drink?

I speak from experience here; you definitely CAN eat the chocolate straight
off the spoon (lollipop style) - although, I am beginning to be convinced
that they are "supposed" to be used to flavour coffee.

> Sounds like it could get messy. Although since the last direction
> was to dip the spoon in diagonally, it looks like some of the plastic is
> still bare at the end of the handle.
The handle of the spoon is left uncoated.  Really the chocolate only covers
the bowl of the spoon - the diagonal dipping is used in this recipe so that
2 different layers of chocolate are visible.

On this thread, I was thinking about the idea of spoons as lollipop sticks.
I think it could be a great idea - I hate having to throw out the stick from
the lollipop and we are always looking for teaspoons.

Gwynydd