SC - King Arthur Fair is over

Diana L Skaggs upsxdls_osu at ionet.net
Mon Oct 23 19:21:43 PDT 2000

Leanna,

Vikings were looked down upon in several contexts not only for
their propensity for attacking "unarmed Irish clerics"(note: not
any Irish clerics I have ever met, but that is neither here nor
there) but because they were indecent enough to take off all
their clothing and enter into steam lodges with great frequency.

And it carries through to today.  The members of the SCA I met
in Nordmark (mundanely Sweden) are great lovers of showers,
baths, saunas, hot tubs, swimming, and all things water.  They
were much more bathed and sanitary than many a Saxon farmer or
Paris merchant!

Tyrca

From: Diana L Skaggs <upsxdls_osu at ionet.net>
Subject: Re: SC - RE: Okay Olaf, what is SCA_Personals OT

At 10:11 PM 10/20/00 -0400, you wrote:

>> > Over on the  <SCA_Personals at egroups.com> list ...
>> > Olaf
>> Okay Olaf, what is SCA_Personals?
>> Huette
>>
>    It is a singles list for SCAdians, not a "meat market" or a

"post you
>ideal mate" type but just a bunch of single people getting to
be friends.
>Some of us arange to get together at events & meet each other
hoping to find
>a SCAdian SO or just a friend.  It's hard to know who is single

at events &
>who is looking & who has a Mundane SO so this helps us get to
know each
>other.  I've talk to several intersting ladies & goten to know
a couple quit
>well.  So far none of the Ladies  has lived close enough to get

together
>with but if enough singles join ?
>Hej!
>Olaf
>who is single & looking for a Lady who has a thing for
Baldheaded Hairy Old
>Fat Vikings

Only if you like divorced, old, horney, fat women.  (No comment
Stephen,
you still haven't met me yet!) Especially if the hairy part is
facial hair,
and you bathe more often than authentic Vikings supposedly did.

Leanna
<<<<<<<<