SC - where is everybody?

Isha ArrowHawk ArianneShadowWalker at worldnet.att.net
Sat Sep 30 13:47:22 PDT 2000

Seton1355 at aol.com wrote:

> Well, it's Rosh HaShanah today and tomorrow and Yom Kippur is Moday a week.
> But the New Year repentance cycle has started.  I am taking a break from
> praying and thinking about how to be a better person by working on typing out
> the glossary from _Curye On Inglysch_.  It;s been really interesting to see
> the derivation of words.   When I'm done I will REALLY want to redact
> something!!!   :-)

I would offer to help but all of my Middle English books, dictionaries,
lexicons, are... In The Basement (and 120+ miles away...)

>  > Have a good weekend .
> Thanks, you too.  It sounds entirely sensible to stay indoors where it is
> warm and cozy and out of the rain.

You betchum! I've done my time being wet and miserable (this being An
Tir and all!)

>  >>And to morrow I have to start again
>  the 250 mile round trip to see my kids... Life bites.>>
> How old are your kids?  It;s too bad that they cannot be with you.

Anne-Marie (Rotrude) is an amazingly mature 16. Stephen is 14 and
becoming a human (!). Lydia will be 13 in a month and is a mass of
insecurities, long coltish legs, and acne. Having three teenagers is no
picnic, but I am simply amazed that any of us survived the Three Little
Pigs toddler stage...

I want to have them with me but I have to land a decent job first, and
that is proving difficult. All of the sudden I'm getting a lot of calls
for interviews, but I'm the bridesmaid- never the bride. I'm ending up
in the top four, or nine, or #2- which is good but still isn't getting
me a job! I'm very discouraged at the moment. I am fortunate that I am
reasonable friendly with my ex-husband and that the kids are being taken
care of, even when I'm away. But it is rough- ask Regina- I rant and
rave and cry every couple of days...

Obligatory food content- does anyone know of a document that has mention
of cookies or biscuits for teething babies? I happened to mention to
someone the other day those teething cookies I used to get sometimes- by
Gerber, about 4" long, shaped like something disgusting the dog leaves
in the yard, and the hard cookie turnes to slime as the baby gums away
at it. Is there a period analog to it? What did they teethe on?

Just curious. My baby days are done THANK GOD...

'Lainie