[Sca-cooks] Sources for Arabic cooking

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 6 09:14:18 PDT 2001

I was in a discussion the other week with a
couple who knows a lady that specializes in
arabic cooking. This lady says that there is
only one source of period arabic cooking and
that is why her recipes are so limited. I
countered with "Poppycock!". There are dozens
of period sources for arabic food. But my
problem is that I don't have a ready list
of source material.

Could someone who has more interest in this
area please provide me with a list of readily
accessible period arabic cooking sources?

I have one wonderful book, "Medieval Arabic
Cookery" but that's the only thing I have in
my collection dedicated to Arabic cooking. I'm
sure there's someone who can help me out with
this.

Thanks,

Gunthar