[Sca-cooks] Re: casseroles and other stray threads

Bethra Spicewell christina_elisabeth at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 16 21:36:29 PDT 2001

  Thanks for the input on casseroles, Master A. Looks like any noodle-y
and meatish dishes are going to be well post period. Not a problem.
I'll just have to serve it all up separately.

>No, broccoli or green beans are almost
>certainly not what Digby intended,
>fellow Easterner. ;  )
Not to worry, broc-coli, e-coli, same thing -- I stay well away from it
if all possible. Green beans, on the other hand, deserve onions,
mushrooms, almonds, red peppers and/or water chestnuts.
But they're new world anyway. Besides, this year I'm growing them large
(past the green snap stage) and eating the insides.

Ro-Tel is available up here, too. My pantry shelf is never without at
least one can, usually 3 or more.  There's a large Hispanic population
just across the southern border into MA, so there's a lot of really
interesting things at one of the supermarkets to buy and try. Last
month I got a sugar cone. No, not for ice cream - a cone of sugar,
about 4 in high and 2 across the bottom. Not sure what I'll do with it
yet, but there are possibilities.

>Sheesh, next thing they'll be explaining to
> me what catheads are... ;
Fiddleheads I know; catheads... ?  Only ones I've heard of are either
big sweet rolls or the ones attached to the real owners of the house.

Bethra

ps  since Pennsic is nearly over, I'll just contribute the bicarb to
the virtual potluck

Christina Elisabeth de la Grifon Riant
Barony of Stonemarche   EK