[Sca-cooks] Cookbook?

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Wed Aug 1 23:18:40 PDT 2001

Renee asked:
> Hi everyone...I was hoping that you might be able to make some suggestions =
> for a cookbook and where I could find it? I recreate miniature food from cl=
> ays & resins (such as in a dollhouse or castle / 1" scale) and have had req=
> uests for medevial and tutor food. (I really like the illusion food too!) I=
>  need a cookbook with REALLY good pictures to go by. Any help or suggestion=
> s will be greatly appreciated!

You might look at some of the cookbooks reviewed in the FOOD-BOOKS section
of the Florilegium. Unfortunately though, I don't think having good
pictures is usually a comment that comes out in such reviews and
bibliographies.

Some of the referances given in this file in the FOOD section might
be useful since they specifially point out paintings with food in them:
fd-paintings-msg  (14K)  6/ 1/00    Period paintings that show food items.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/fd-paintings-msg.html

Three other files that might be of interest to you, although not food
oriented, might be these two files in the CHILDREN section:
Dollhouses-art    (15K)  3/ 6/01    Building miniature houses in period
styles
                                       by Margery La Affayte.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/CHILDREN/Dollhouses-art.html
dollhouses-msg     (9K)  4/ 3/01    Period and period-style dollhouses.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/CHILDREN/dollhouses-msg.html
dolls-msg         (17K)  7/ 1/99    Medieval fashion and toy dolls.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/CHILDREN/dolls-msg.html

Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net