[Sca-cooks] pork picnic shoulder?

grizly at mindspring.com grizly at mindspring.com
Thu Aug 9 18:14:51 PDT 2001

Well, for a Greek flair, though not a historically documentable recipe, I recommend thus:

The night before cooking:  rub the pork shoulder roast generously with dried oregano and some salt (don't cheat with the salt . . . use enough) and black peppper.  Score the meat in several places and insert slivers or cloves of garlic.

Roast the next day at 325F until done (about 25 to 30 minutes per pund).  Baste every 15 to 20 minutes with a sauce of:

1 lb. butter
juice of 4 lemons
4 TBL dried oregano
2 tsp ground black pepper
3 tsp salt
(can be simply multiplied) MELT TOGETHER AND STIR.  BASTE MEAT OFTEN

Alos the bomb with leg of lamb or whole roasted animals of pork or lamb persuasion.

niccolo difrancesco

--
~~~~~
The Quote Starts Here: