[Sca-cooks] regional potluck

Chip jallen at multipro.com
Tue Aug 14 08:15:37 PDT 2001

> can of Ro-Tel (aigh, no one will know what that is - it's a regional
> brand of diced tomatoes canned with green chilis)

We have Ro-Tel as far northeast as middle Tennessee.  A can of that in
some melted cheese:  Nacho Valhalla.  Color's a bit odd, but it's
definitely easy on the tongue.

That reminds me, does anyone know of period recipes for a beef tongue?
I'm thinking about serving it at feast.

When I was a kid, Dad would boil up a random animal part every couple
of weeks.  Tongue was a favorite.  I'll have to ask him what his
seasonings were.

Thinking about pigs' feet, tripas, and the small intestines of a calf,
Iyad ibn Bisharo / Thráinn Tjúguskegg
Easaraigh, Meridies
www.easaraigh.org
Feast of Herne: Swords and Shakespeare -- www.easaraigh.org/event