[Sca-cooks] Re: caid feast - almond cracker

Maggie MacDonald maggie5 at home.com
Sun Aug 19 11:25:25 PDT 2001

At 01:52 PM 8/19/01 -0400,Gerekr at aol.com said something like:
>On 6/28/01 5:28 PM sca-cooks at ansteorra.org wrote:
>
> >From:  vikinglord at worldnet.att.net (Jane M & Bj Tremaine)
>
> >Last weekend the Canton of Tanwoyeer had it's Anniversary/ Talanque Tourney.
> >Tanwoyeer is in Calafia, in CAID(mundanely San Diego).  Baron Talanque
> >is/was our founding Baron of 23years, a record I believe.
> >
> >Anyway to the main topic, the food!
> >
> >First course:
> >Oatmeal soup (wonderful, a delight, I WANT THE RECIPE!)
>
> >Third course;
> >I'll not comment on I was so full of chicken I couldn't eat it.
> >a pistashio, cream pie in filo dough, and a almond cracker.
>
>Did these recipes ever get posted anywhere?  this list, Florilegium, a
>Caidan website?
>
>Oatmeal soup & almond cracker are the ones I'm particularly curious
>about, but a number of the others also look intriguing.
>
>Thanks,
>Chimene

The oatmeal soup recipe has been webbed for a couple of years, though it
doesn't have the original source cited. You can find it at :
http://www.geocities.com/tanway92/recipe.html

The almond cracker was actually a torte, "Torte of Melone" from what Magnus
keeps calling The French Cookbook (a period source he has). That's probably
not the exact title, but it gives you somewhere to start. I made the tortes
for that particular feast. It was the almond based crust, topped with a
filling of fresh melons (crushed), a little sugar, and .. I forget the
rest, sorry.

Regards,
Maggie MacD.