[Sca-cooks] Breakfasts

Tara tsersen at nni.com
Tue Aug 21 06:17:20 PDT 2001

> Well, my group just doesn't have a no-food price, so the only deadbeats we
> worry about are the ones that jump the gate entirely. Some people are
> offended by the lack of a no-food price but nobody that I know of has come
> to autocrats and requested a foodless price.

I've never heard anybody complain about lack of a no-food price, though
I'm sure somebody out there does.  But, my response would be: "Even with
dayboard and breakfast included, it's still a darned cheap way to spend
a weekend.  Keeping track of several different levels of entry fee and
permissions for meals is way too complicated, and considering how cheap
the meals are, it just ain't worth it.  If you want that kind of
complication, you run the event."

Consider, War Camp in Eisental this year was $10, and that included
lunch and breakfast.  I just paid $75 for Philadelphia Folk Fest
tickets, and that's no food included.  I also paid $100 to get into
Pennsic for three days, no food included.  Would somebody have preferred
to pay $7 for War Camp because they don't like the food?  Tough
noogies.  Too much work to save people $3.

-Magdalena