[Sca-cooks] Breakfasts

Linda M. Kalb lmkalb at mail.med.upenn.edu
Tue Aug 21 06:47:09 PDT 2001

At 09:17 AM 8/21/01, you wrote:
> > Well, my group just doesn't have a no-food price, so the only deadbeats we
> > worry about are the ones that jump the gate entirely. Some people are
> > offended by the lack of a no-food price but nobody that I know of has come
> > to autocrats and requested a foodless price.

You must always have enough food to feed everyone!  In my group there are
usually more people wanting to attend than can be fed, so having different
prices based on food is a necessity.  (Major metropolitan area with high
density population, limited site size at reasonable prices).

I haven't been to any all-weekend camping events but in my group (Barony of
Bhakail, Eastern Kingdom) there are usually two prices, with and without
feast.  Without feast includes dayboard, etc.--everything but the
feast.  The site tokens are slightly different (different color ribbon, for
example) and seating is limited at the feast, so it's fairly obvious if an
unpaid person tries to join the feast--there simply isn't room.  But people
would have to be turned away from the event if it was only limited to the
number who could join the feast, thus the no-feast site fee.

If there is another room with additional seating available, as there might
be at a big indoor feast event like Yule, then there are three
distinctions:  onboard (feast), offboard (seating but no feast--bring your
own food) and outboard (no seating--you have to go offsite to eat at feast
time).

Inga/Linda