[Sca-cooks] Re: vinegar and iron

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 24 08:14:05 PDT 2001

Thank you Elizabeth!  Sinech and her son, then a charming, precocious
preteen, spent some time in "Mainland Caid" a while back.  OK, about a
decade back, and Guy has probably taken over NZ by now.  Where does the
time go?  Anyway.

Un-soapy steel wool dissolves faster in vinegar, but then again, rusty
nails are frequently available for free.  I've got a couple of Dutch ovens
around here that have seen better decades, maybe I should just keep vinegar
in them and use them as dyepots.  What does it mean, "saddening dyes"?  I
want all my arts projects to be happy. ;-)

Selene