[Sca-cooks] got the bid

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Fri Aug 24 09:52:32 PDT 2001

Morgana LeCoeur asked:
> Just before I left for Pennsic, my autocrat told me that we got the bid
> for Aethelmearc kingdom Twelfth Night.  Now I really need to get to work
> on a menu fitting for 16th century Venice.
>
> Any thoughts?  BTW, I've been offered a deal on ostrich.

Well there are some comments about ostriches and several period
recipes in this file in the FOOD-MEATS section of the Florilegium:
exotic-meats-msg  (70K)  4/ 6/01    Period and SCA exotic meats. Swans,
ostrich,
                                       crawfish, dormice, cat.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MEATS/exotic-meats-msg.html

Perhaps some fish dishes would be appropriate for Venice?

fish-msg         (109K)  5/26/00    Medieval fish dishes. Fish in the
SCA.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MEATS/fish-msg.html
fish-pies-msg     (11K)  5/ 3/01    Period fish pies. Recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MEATS/fish-pies-msg.html
seafood-msg       (77K)  4/20/01    Medieval non-fish seafood. Recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MEATS/seafood-msg.html

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net