[Sca-cooks] Personal Iron Chef Challenge

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Mon Aug 27 23:37:10 PDT 2001

Selene declared:
> WoW!  You have a lot to be proud of.  That quitter will never work in this
> Society again, I don't care how good he thinks he is.  He's not all that good if
> he thinks that Gaspacho and Pallella are period, come to think of it.  Let's
> give him the Torture of One Thousand Paper Cuts and pour the Gaspacho over him.
> [Angry?  Issues?  Moi?]

Ummm. While I understand the anger, let's consider that I don't think
we've heard what excuse the disappearing cook had. Perhaps there was
a reason for this disappearing act but I think it had better be a very
good one to excuse this. And good excuse or not, having no backup person
briefed and ready to go or at least organised paperwork with the needed
info so someone else could take over is egotistical and inexcusable.

As to the Gazpacho, I think we did have some reasonable evidence recently
that a version of Gazpacho was indeed period. See this file in the FOOD
section of the Florilegium:
gazpacho-msg       (8K)  7/30/01    A soup or sauce of vinegar, garlic
and bread
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/gazpacho-msg.html

> Again, well done, I hope that the Kingdom of Artemesia knows what a national
> treasure they have in you.

This, I still definitely agree with. A wonderful job.

Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net